Review: Smith Tower Seattle, also bar

Last week coworker G, M, and I went to checkout Smith tower, which is one of the tallest oldest standing buildings in the US, with the elevators there installed in 1916, I'm told.

The sceneries from the roof were pretty decent, it's not by any stretch of imagination the tallest building around, or the most scenic but its central location in the old part of the down makes it so that you can at least have a glance at all the major buildings around. The Needle, the Flier, the original Amazon building, starbucks buildings, dock, Bellevue, they're all in view, and so are the train and the streetcar systems.

For dinner -- an very late lunch really -- I got the impossible burger with potato chips. It was pretty decent, as eating out in fancy places go. Got a shrub, jabanero and pineapple, to go alone. So spicy, and my kombucha of the same flavor combo was better. Paid 26 bucks. Would I go there again? If somebody wanted to see the rest of the town from the 'not-tallest' building. Not specially to eat, no, because if you add the price of the entry of the building, it comes out to 42 bucks. I'd rather go to the Needle, and eat at a cheaper and tastier place.

If you're a tourist and want to see something cool, or can get your place of work to comp for the trip there, it would be worth going. Or perhaps somebody loaded is taking you out on a dinner, some situation of similar kind. Otherwise, I'm pretty mehh about the place. It's in pioneer square too, and truth be told it's not the fanciest neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.