Decoration plans for my new place

Regular readers of the blog will remember I'm not buying much furniture. A low-table, a carpet, bunch of expensive fat cushions, and a Japanese floor mattress, that's all I got.

The idea is to zuzz up the living room with a lot of plants...bamboo, succulents, ferns, creepers, pothos, other indoor plants, enough to cover the window side of the living room. And then a few laser-cut symbolic elements from West africa. Next to the plants, in two corners facing the window there will be two DIY water fountains, with pebbles plants and 'natural' textures. Moss maybe if I can find some good ones around.

The original idea was to cheap out on the furniture stuff because I'm not around here for long. So the 'Japanese' theme was supposed to be a way to cheap out on investing in the place, but it's worked out well. And the way it's going, it's going to take its own shape, it'll have been inspired by japanese design sensibilities, but using elements of design from a tonne of other regions.

Plants are expensive, I am trying to figure out a way to acquire them without letting go of the moolah. Six months of plant-growing is not worth investing a lot into in, is the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.