Fragrance lake hike

This is one of those 'oops guys, this happened two weeks ago, sorry for writing so late at this point jkjk it's gunna be fine okay' posts. Bummed out I am yes whatchu gonna do we gotta all live with our laziness, even superman has his kryptonite and the big L is mine alright.

So two weeks ago friend S, his friend [name redacted, don't remember], me and S's doge M (don't wanna expose any canine identities either) went on this hike to Fragrance lake. It was a Saturday, A was unable to come with us.

The hike, truth be told, wasn't a real hike per se, more of a healthy walk in a forest where you have to pay ten bucks to get in. We fumbled a bit with the payment, but after ten minutes of figuring out where the forms were, where the money went (S had thrown it in the trash) and what the right trailhead was, we set off. Met about three dozen other owners of dogs ambling about. There was close to zero altitude gain, no serious viewing points either. Toward the middle of the hike it got a bit boring, I began wishing we'd get to the 'top', and then we saw the lake. It was really more of a pond, one not specially big at that. Walked around it, back to the car and drove home. Had meal at Chipotle, I got a bowl. I know this because I took photo of the receipt. It's not even that I was high and forgot it, the whole situation was so unremarkable, there was nothing worth remembering.

If it were like, right next to my house, like the Fells were in Boston, it would be fun. Most definitely not worth driving an hour and half to get there, and the same to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.