First night in the apartment

 As usual, running two weeks behind coming up with the titles and writing up on them. This was supposed to be written exactly two weeks ago when I spent the first night in the apartment, but it went by way too fast. Here we are now, though.

First night of the apartment was not particularly eventful. I slept on the floor, on top of a bedsheet, it wasn't comfortable, and the apartment felt a bit stuffy. Everything was empty and echoey so it felt like I was sleeping in a warehouse. No food obviously, so the next morning I got a takeout from the russian dumplings place.

The carpet was there, my dear old face carpet. Invited folks the next day. The first day was easy to sleep in the apartment because I was so tired with moving and everything else, but the next following days were tougher. The excitement was gone, and the full impact of living by myself in a new town with very little to no plan in sight lay ahead. It was scary, a little bothersome. Sleep eventually came about, but not without extreme physical workout over the course of the day.

Finally I am the king of my castle, the lord of my palace, the master of the manor. And it feels...heavy...with responsibility. It's not that I own the place, just the act of being wholly responsible for a place, and actually having to bring it up to certain standards, including furnishings, is a new experience. Lots of considerations around, but it does feel I'm finally growing up, and having thoughts I never had before. Such as, is everybody else spending so much time all by themselves, or do they have fun exciting interesting hobbies they don't mention?

I haven't gotten around to be able to explore my hobbies yet, the brewing and fermenting and growing, still setting myself up for that. Haven't even bought a bike yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.