TJ's trip, journey to belltown, monitor stand retrieval, UW hang and dinner, meet G again, latenight return [Mon 14]

Made eggs with mushroom and onions for breakfast, on pan toasted bread. After work went to TJ's for basic grocery shopping, refill on the eggs, butter, ketchup bread, and finally several POUNDS (!!!) of dark chocolate. 

After work walked over to A's place to get my monitor stand and to steal the nice 'feet friendly' carpet to use on my standing workspace setup. Waited for him to show up and made plans to go eat out somewhere. I wanted to go to UW to that Viet place with amazing vegan meat, he wanted to try some place new. Instead he convinced his siblings to cook rice with three different addons for dinner. We took a shared online taxi to their place near UW. While the brothers worked, A and I explored the neighborhood, walked around the 'downtown' there and walked across the campus quad. It's a pretty interesting place, a bit different from anything back in boston because here the University came first and the city later. Which I guess is true for Harvard as well, but this is still a small town, not the corporate behemoth the East Coast universities have become.

Had rice, dal, kauli, laoganma with tofu bits, and kimchi at the place, it was yum. I told the brothers I was impressed with their choices for condiments because that's how I liked to eat to. Older sibling is leaving the city soon so we made plans for his farewell. Friend G from the party earlier was over there too, we collected notes on what happened after, how all the relationships map, the persons various people might be interested in, and so on.

Late in the night, far, far too late, A told me not to look for public transport. He gave me a lift in his shared taxi, dropped me off home before heading to his place. By the time I slept it was quarter to three work time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.