Disappointing terra plata

Turns out I didn't write what an exceedingly disappointing experience I had at Terra Plata. I don't want to relive the trauma necessarily but the world must know about it to make informed decision.

Went to this place after our hike to Deception Point with GF and his partner. It was starting to rain, I'd heard of the place from SK (SLU) in good terms, so we went. They put us on the roof, which was awesome because you don't see many open-roof seating in Boston. It rained quite heavily, we were fortunately covered by thick tarp on top. The experience of heavy rain was more enjoyable, many times over, than the experience of eating at TP, which I will call the place from this point.

Lets put it in short. We paid  fifty bucks a person for an entree each, a shared appetizer, and a non-alcoholic lemonade. And the majority of our orders were potatoes or involved potatoes. I would have found the meal acceptable if we'd paid 20 bucks each, and at 10 bucks a pop it would have been an extraordinary great deal (even without the lemonades). At half a hundo though, this was a terrible deal for little value.

None of us were able to finish our food despite being famished, alas.

I will say this though, apparently they have rotating menus, and it's possible we may have encountered a particularly disappointing menu. If they have rotating chefs and menus, it might be worth it to consider an interesting menu, inquire the details and head that way only after you have a really clear idea of what you're getting. Beyond that...not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.