Seattle weather is Boston, Boston is now Seattle

 I thought of the title slightly less than two weeks ago, and got around to writing it finally. I'll write what I was thinking then, and then add my own comments to it later. Because I'm playing catchup, by quite a bit, this is going to be on the shorter side.

SO, they say Seattle has a crappy weather but that's technically not true. It doesn't always have crappy weather, it's just the winter. And since I'm here mostly in the summer months, it's going to be such a good time.

In fact, the last couple of days I spent in Boston were terrible. Cloudy days and rainy nights, rain thunderstorm, unpredictable weather. It was awful, the very last day, couple of hours before departure it was cold humid and rainy, I had to spend a long time doing chores in that muggy weather.

Compare that to the first few days of Seattle weather I've seen, and it's pretty clear that I've brought Boston's warm and sunny weather to the emerald city and sent the crappy gloomy muggy weather to the beantown. That's all for the best folks, people there get their sunny days and warm evenings where they get to barbecue all the time, it's more prized in this part of the country, let us have our fun alright?

I've talked about the weather-switch in the past, in the context of how Seattle is tryina trick me into moving here with the great weather, and it's going to switch to crappy days and get me trapped here. Yes I'm open for the possibility, but fingers crossed that's just me being paranoid and it's never gonna happen.

****

Two weeks later:

It's mid-june and fuck the weather, it's been gloomy and rainy and cold and muggy for a few days now, the weekend camping plans were cancelled due to the weather, I got nothing done basically because it was raining all day long and nobody wanted to leave their homes. This is terrible, if this is the state of the matters in the long term, things are not looking to...ahem..bright ahead.

Gotta power through it I guess, but I'm going to be so pissed if the warm and the 'best in the country' weather turns out to not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.