Taco bell isn't great value sometimes

 A couple of weeks ago, I went to the Taco bell in LQA and got my regular TB order. The one I got for barely two bucks in Manhattan. And guess how much it cost me. Six bucks fifty. I looked it up online and apparently there's some stores, particularly that are connected to KFC which have strange pricing strategies, and don't offer the standard set.

It hurt a lot because for maybe a dollar extra, I could get four times the food and five times the food in the form of a Chipotle burrito. High-end taco bell does not compete with Chipotle, it competes with high-end McDonalds. I say that as a fan of the ole' bell. It was a bummer. I took a survey to try make my money back, and got a coupon for a free chicken sandwich in the KFC....if I bought a chicken sandwich. Which is like getting 50% discount on something you never intended to buy in the first place. Not a great deal, I ended up not taking the bait. No point throwing good money after bad.

So I've said before how TB is pretty great, but this is an asterisk on the declaration, just to clarify that the declaration apparently doesn't generalize to be universally true.

Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.