Jimmy Dean's

 Until two weeks ago, my understanding of the "Jimmy Dean's" brand was that it was a purveyor of sad frozen breakfast foods that do have some taste, but are eaten only in times of great desperation such as famine or war or great pandemic where there is nothing else to eat but bales and bales of toilet paper and you're evaluating if some TP with hot sauce might make for a better meal.

Apparently Jimmy Dean's is a subshop that has at least one outlet worldwide, in Seattle. They're like subway.

I had a sub the other week when I was craving food, any kind of food to fill my tummy that had not had anything for more than 18 hours. In great desperation I made a beeline for the store, ordered there 'vegetarian' sub, paid nine buckos and twiddled my thumbs as I waited. And what a wait it was, took them twenty minutes maybe, I was begin to wonder if they'd forgotten about me entirely.

The bread was not soft, it had a decent pushback that I didn't mind. The contents were all uncooked vegetables. If I hadn't put in two extra packets of mayo into the sandwich, it could have been a challenging affair to finish it.

Here's what I'll say, a fresh Jimmy Dean's sub is better than a stale Subway sandwich that's been kept in the fridge for two days and reheated in the oven. I have no other comments.

The employees were nice and the store was very dark and empty, which made me wonder if the outlet was some kind of front, or if it was profitable from taxation perspective to have at least one storefront in a popular space. Maybe it's popular other hours of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.