Roti-dal breakfast, daiso and uwajimaya trips, pre-party at S's rushed, rainwalk to the party, post-party at the same place, incredible fun party [Fri 11]

 For breakfast I had TJ's roti and dal, yum, I cannot stay without eating all of the two servings in the same meal because it's so goddamn tasty. Thank you all the armies of the world or modernizing the 'pouch' packaging that basically allows places to 'can' precooked food into pouches without a compromise on quality or taste!

After work I went on a walk to Daiso, bought fourty bucks worth of kitchen utensils and other cool japanese items. Realized I'd be going to the place far too often from now on. Also explored Uwajimaya thought I didn't buy anything. It's a bit too expensive and the choices are not as wide as I'd heard. Willing to explore the place a few more times, but not yet a big fan of the grocery chain yet.

Walked all the way home through broadway, exploring new neighborhoods, avoiding homeless camps. At home I had bread and egg for dinner. Showered up, put on nice clothes including my leather jacket for potentially the first time in public, and headed to S's place. Because I'd promised I'd get there much earlier, I was rushing, and people on the streets called me names for walking to fast, what a strange city this is.

At S's place we pregamed slightly and smoked, and went on another 20-minute walk to the party, as it was still drizzling. We got wet, but not intolerably so. On the way we discussed future plans, hobbies, interests and where we want to spend monies.

We jumped into the building when somebody else came out, and tagged along with a rando on the elevator. Except he went to a different floor and we discovered a bit too late that we needed to be fobbed into the floor. I got the wise idea and we decided to use the stairs instead. Except I didn't know that the stairs needed fobbing as well and we were stuck outside the floor in question. Eventually the hosts had to be called.

The party was incredible. I met K after 20 years almost to the dot. Brother Sb was there as well, this was supposed to be S's graduation party. Met G, who I'd met on the earlier trip to the city, Am who I teased a bunch, P who I connected with really well, and Pr who I intend to get to know a lot better. An and I had long and deep conversations about personal histories and future.

At some point deep in the night I decided to leave, slightly tipsy and high, put on my shoes, and decided I didn't want to FOMO on the fun. SO I came back and talked a bunch more, after doing the farewell. People made fun of me for that. It was very early in the morning when we left, with everybody. I went to S's apartment, chilled with the doggo, smoked up, talked a bunch more, and after like 45 minutes of hang, headed out to my place. I felt a bit unsafe, but it was already bright outside and the birds were chirping, so it wasn't too bad.

Slept at about the time when I usually got up in the weekdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.