I figured out a way to make this thing popular

Okay so you know how I've always sought fame and popularity, and the wealth that comes with it, through writing, but nobody seems to want to pay too much attention to what I have to say? And when I ask them if they read my blog posts, they make excuses like, oooh umm I had my exams the other day and the new assignment is killing me my boyfriend won't help me and I can't find anything online to help me through that, or, yeah I should have looked at it but my new job is keeping me really busy I come back home tired and sleepy so there's no time to look at your blog which by the way is so great and not at all a nonsensical bore?

Yeah, anyway. I have figured out a way to fame and riches to writing. I think.

And the answer is....and you can't be disappointed at it, because this is a serious legitimate, forrealz idea, not something I'm writing to be funny or quirky but something I believe needs serious thought and conversations on...writing...wait for it...reviews...it's coming so soon, just you wait...for...Blind...I know you know what I'm going to type next...Date, yes, the same blind date that you've barely watched two episodes of on Youtube because it's so cringey and besides so obviously scripted, and mean and terrible but we're talking about it anyway so guess who's the winner.

Allow me to make a case for it, ahem.

First, it seems really popular. The post that I just barfed out a month ago over five minutes is suddenly the most popular post of the year. Because of the Googles. The sad part about that is the idiots who're looking for the review don't seem to be staying around for other post, which like fair enough I don't bother putting quality content out there. But like, they're visiting, which means I've got their ayeballs. And as the saying goes, if you get them by the balls, their bodies will follow, etc.

Second, it deserves a legitimate conversation and a healthy discussion. It's not an entertainment material created in vacuum, it originates in a particular cultural context of contemporary Nepali society, more specifically the toxic ego-filled masculine energied frenzied direction the 'trolleys' are going at. There's a lot to talk about there.

Third, maybe this is finally the excuse I can use to talk to cute girls and have fair conversations, while hint hint hinting that hey gal sure we're talking about blind date, what about a not-so-blind date with me after this is over hmm hmm hmm, etc etc.

There's most definitely something there. I should write a episode-wise review of the Nepali reality show on dating which is on youtube called Blind Date. I should remember to write down the name of each individual character, such as C-Lu pokharel who is a rapper and answer people's questions such as who is C-Lu dating, what does C-Lu do, is blind date nepali show real, etcetera for Google's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.