Trip to the CapHill Goodwill store

 This is more or less a review of the Capitol Hill goodwill store.

It looks like an REI store, a cross between a high-end sporting merchandising business and a log cabin. And honestly a little priced like one.

Perhaps it's really exciting and the goods there move so often that it's thinly-populated. Or perhaps it's such a high-traffic store that cool items everybody wants disappear instantly the moment they show up. Either way, there didn't seem to be too many interesting items the time I was there. The things I bought, they were priced perhaps a tad too much for a thrift store. When I compared against amazon or target or walmart, many wares were priced similarly. What a bummer.

I'm unlikely to go to this store again, as a serious trip. I might go there again to confirm my suspicions about the location are correct. Because I have my doubts. Maybe I got it right, the neighborhood is the sort of place that wouldn't tolerate a pricey thrift store. Or maybe, be so into thrifting they'd be okay paying for used crap what it would cost to buy something new.

That's all I got on the goodwill store, wait for updates on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.