Meal plans for the week and so forth, etcetera

I wrote in the earlier post about the nutrition and food situation. Which is that I'm missing out on my productivity and life goals because I'm hungry all the time, don't want to think about my food, but that means I'm low on energy, tired, always either hyper- or hypo-glycemic, can't think straight, and never get my target work done. It's not a big issue per se, but an annoying enough one for me to want to make significant changes in my life and timetable.

So thinking of easy wins and changes. First, compulsory breakfasts. I'm not talking about a big heavy breakfast that'll keep me full for hours, or one that'll fill be up because I'm starving. No, what this will be is an early meal that'll stabilize my insulin levels until lunch time. Come lunch time I'll get my yummy healthy carbs in, and that'll take me for the rest of the day. Speaking of which, afternoon snacks. I don't do them right now, and when I do they're infrequent and uncertain. I need to bring them back. It could be popcorn, it could be veggies, it could be just fruits and nuts, but I need something to stabilize the 7-9 hours of gap between lunch and dinner.

Planning all of this out everyday is hard. It's so much work, when I'm trying to precisely avoid extra brainpower on un-fun things. So what the goal should be is to create a meal plan based on the ingredients I have. I could cook it all over the weekend and then choose to eat during various parts of the day, or schedule it differently. But need a proper plan, an organized goal, a vision to keep myself healthy and productive. If I won't do it for myself and my body, I need to do it for my website and my hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.