New pans, who this!?

PN gifted me two new pans. My existing pan, a non-stick I bought at Target after moving into my new place here in Seattle three years ago was the cheapest available, and has outlived its usefulness at this point. Also I put it in my dishwasher and now the nonstick coating is done.

So it's quite nice to be able to use tramontina try ply! Something I would never buy for myself because it'd be too fancy and I'm not in a stable situation to make the best out of them. But it was a gift and now I have no options. This is not the first time I'm using stainless, but the first time I'm going to be owning them. The trick is to let the pan get heat enough for water to jump around and then dump oil in there, I understand. It's going to be triply amazing because the heat distribution on the old pan was so comically, ridiculously bad that you would see the heat-source 'bands' on the food that was cooking. Also, that pan was getting warped so to keep it flat on the burner was quite the task. But no more! I'm better prepared, and excited to get on this cooking journey. Perhaps I'll discover my disappointment with cooking in more recent times is because of the absence of a good pan? I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.