10 Reasons I prefer the numbered lists over other space-filler posts

  1. I don't need to think too hard to come up with titles, they're self-referential and refer to the fact that I'm writing those mostly to reach the post-count goals I've set for myself without feeling to bad about the whole think, unlike other formats which make me more conscious about cheating.

  2. They're real easy to fill up the page with. A two-line break after every point means most of the point is going to be empty place that's going to look a lot more impressive per time spent writing it versus a more compact essay or reflection. There's other formats that I could play around with, but it's the least space-efficient and that's the way I like it.

  3. The points can be short and they still occupy a large space so it's quicker to finish the post.

  4. They can be easy to write the funnies with because I don't need to think of an entire scenario, just a one-time throwaway line or joke will go a long way for the readers, and the hardest I'll refer to a joke in the later points and the readers (in my mind anyway) go wild.

  5. It gives me hope, when I know exactly when a piece is ending I can go ahead more confidently aware fully that it won't be as bad as I fear and it'll be long gone before I ever will have known it existed.

  6. Some points don't even need to be related to the topic and that makes writing easy and I guess making writing easy means the writer can be lazier and put in less commitment, not sure that's what I want to tell to a close friend or a sister but right now that's how things are...

  7. Can always go back and change the title and the number associated with it if I have a really hard time coming up with the number of steps for so-and-so, though I've been told the longer they are and the more elaborated the ridiculous chicken-killers.

  8. It's like junk-food snacks...easy to make and easy to consume, and even though it won't give you true nutrition and sustenance it's a good idea to get yourself checked regularly!

  9. Who doesn't like crappy templates formats from late 2000s and early 2010's amirite people?

  10. I have quite a lot more experience writing those so they come easier quicker to me, when I need to do a journal entry from scratch I actually need to think about people interacting their motivations and why and how things would workout. Arlington is not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.