On Tenoch

Tenoch is a Mexican place in and around Boston, three brick-and-mortar outlets and a couple of food trucks, known most significantly for their mexican-style sandwiches called Tortas. For someone who doesn't know what Tortas are I can describe them in one word: heaven.

Nice thick bread fried in butter slathered all over, thick creamy delicious bean paste spread thickly inside the cloud-soft buns, and all the tasty meats and veggies inside. Heaven! When you bite into one of those,  all that spiced butter comes out oozing in your mouth. Damn.

I've never had a disappointing experience in the place, ever. Maybe once or two times I've had a 'normal' experience out of the dozens of times I've been but every other time it's exceeded the already high expectation. At the fear of repeating myself, it's heaven!

I went there a few weeks ago, tried the chichharron for one last time, it used to be my favorite. Mightily disappointed with the meat. It could have been a particularly bad day there, or that I haven't had meat in a long while and I'm so over it, but that was such a bleh. And their chips and avocado, so very bleh. They didn't even put a napkin in the takeout bag.

Back in normal times Tenoch was the only food truck I went out to eat lunch for -- otherwise it was homemade meals or something close by for me. I've never gone wrong with them. It wouldn't be inaccurate to say it's one of my favourite places of its kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.