I tried making Ghoresh Bademjan, it was alright

Not at good as the one N made in DC. Several theories on why mine didn't work out as well as hers: the canned tomato I used was crap, shouldn't have used canned ones at all, should have deseeded the eggplant, should have peeled the eggplant, should not have knowingly overcooked the dish, should have added more water should have added more fat should have added more spices should have added fewer lesser of all the spices should have used better eggplant should have used younger eggplant. So many theories and possibilities. Mixed it with rice so it'll soak into the grains all good now, it's gonna be so great when I -- or whoever gets to it the earliest tomorrow -- has it for brunch. Only one serving left unfortunately, there was not a lot of rice left, if there's opportunity I'm thinking of making more rice just to mix with the rice-veggie mix as it exists.

Still, it's one of the easiest low-effort high reward recipes I've tried, the persian eggplant stew. Might be worth an attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.