Something to not do, food version

In my defense it sounded like a good idea in my head at the time.

I had four pounds of sauerkraut that I got from wegmans a few weeks ago. Hadn't had a chance to use it. There was also a jar of cooked bamboo shoots in chilly sauce that I got at the Asian grocery store in Chinatown an aeon ago that was going unused. I remember that trip, uhhh and feel sorry for myself, the person who guided me through that is too busy building houses and in retrospect it may not have been a good idea to call those prisons for sick immigrants in front of them considering the sensitivities around the matter. Anywho, the point is I needed to finish two unused food items asap.

So I fried the 'kraut. And then added the shoots. So sour! To undo the sourness and add body to the...thing, I added black beans, a whole two cans of it. Dumped in a can of beets too because they too had been chillin' about unused for far too long.

It wasn't bad. I made rotis out of kodo with two eggs in them, they didn't look appetizing in all honesty. The flavor was a little dry but ehh. That's how things were.

I had the rotis with the 'kraut-bean-bamboo-beat salad-tarkaari. Good stuff, like the way they do it in Nepal, roti with mulaa ko achaar and a protein. And then dipping it later in yogurt. It was good guys, the yogurt balanced out the sourness, the kodo held it all together. The village way.

The problem is now I have six pounds of the veggies in the fridge that my roommates won't eat because they're not into that. And in today's lunch I finished all the roti so I need to keep generating more carbs to go with the veggies. It's going to be a long slog to finish all of that. And now I'll have to eat it everyday.

Yay, question mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.