Starting paused projects, finishing cleanup, heavy brunch, laundry, a long walk to Brookline, veggie dinner [Sun 30]

This was a an amazingly productive day.

Got up at 9am, showered wrote a little bit, got ready for the day. Boiled a large amount of water, dipped dozens of teabags black and green into it, and dropped in several cups of sugar. Cleaned my kombucha jars divided the starters so that there wasn't uneven distribution of yeast, and started a new round of kombucha! Exciting times!

Mopped all the rooms in the house, and used antibacterial spray on our empty room to make it smell nice and clean. Everything was spic-and-span, so did the first step of my new and exciting planting project where the plant babies were planted. I'm not sure if they're going to be alive and thrive but I did almost everything I could and bar minor errors which I hope I don't get punished for I'm fairly confident I controlled most of the regular variables.

Set a couple of loads in laundry in the background. Meanwhile fried some garlic and onion, tons of salt and spices, threw in two eggs made a mushroom omelette that was mostly mushroom. Put it on two sliced pieces of bread with lots of texas pete hot sauce. So insanely good, much better than I imagine it was going to be!

Wrote a bunch.

After getting my clothes out of the dryer and discovering they were still a little cold, packed away the more dry pieces and hung out the colder pieces all about the room. Packed by belongings for a trip, co-ordinated with JD and set off for Brookline. On foot. Didn't want to take the public transport because covid, didn't want to bike because I wouldn't get any walking done that way and I hadn't done a long walk in a while.

The trip was fairly uneventful. Cool scenery, lovely lovely wind, such an amazing time of the year to walk outside. I should write a post on that actually. The route was scenic. Harvard students are back on campus and I saw everyone was being very careful and socially-distancing really well. It was cool to see things get back to almost normal while people are still mindful of the fact there's a mad pandemic raging about and acting accordingly. We're not caged up but we're not lunatics who deny the existence of the silent killer that is picking off the illest among us.

The route was one I had never taken, now I understand how the bridges between cambridge/somerville and boston/brookline connect. Didn't see too many other long-distance walkers but so many runners and bikers, it was great to see. There's parts of memorial drive next to harvard/MIT that were blocked off to cars and it made me feel real good as a pedestrian and a biker.

At JD's place we made green bean burgers with avocado cheese and tomato. It was good, I did the dishes. We watched an episode of kimmy schmitt and I made them watch schitt's creek. They went to bed at 10, I was up until 12 checking out my favourite plant forums. Then I had trouble going to sleep because the moon was huge and the moonlight got right into my eyes. Couldn't sleep due to the moon for an hour or so. Listened to conan o brien's interview with Jameela Jamil in his podcast, what an amazing woman, it's a must-listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.