Deep cleaning the house, baby shower, grilled cheese, end of the 'kraut [Sat 29]

The whole day we cleaned the house. ND PK and I. We cleaned the living room, moved around furniture and rearranged various appliances in the kitchen. We finally cleared out PK's old room, moved a mattress into it and threw out the hold bed and unwanted furniture from his new room. I took many trips to throw out trash. We threw out a nasty table in our kitchen that I couldn't stand because it was so dirty and dank. Replaced it with our dining table, and put a nice cute reading table in our living room instead of it.

ND broomed the house multiple times and rearranged our plants. PK and I spent several hours cleaning all of our fridge. The freezer is still quite a mess with unidentified leaves sticking to the surface since at least 2013 but that's a project for another day. PK said it looked like a hotel fridge, at which I made no comments, rolled my eyes and gave ND the look.

We watched a bunch of hindi movies -- hungama among others after the cleanup. ND also watched several other hindi movies I was in and out between writing etcetera.

There was an online baby shower that we threw for SMD, who used to be sk's coworker because they're due in three weeks. We played baby shower games got caught up etcetera, the last time the group had talked like this was in March or April when I was still in VA and we were ready for this to go on forever. For some reason those times still feel more innocent now.

In the evening PK tried making grilled cheeses for himself and ND. I helped him make them by...doing them myself and teaching him how to do it. Had a small slice of the grilled-cheese which I ate with the remaining sauerkraut. I freakin' finally finished the sauerkraut in the fridge after three weeks moving uncomfortably close to four. It was great but I'm going do be trying other fermented foods for a while. Also it was an awful idea to have fried it with beans and bamboo in tonnes of oil.

Talked to friends, slept at around midnight maybe. It's Monday evening and I'm getting caught up on a LOT of posts. End of the month and everything. Should really straighten my habit by now, it's been a year already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.