On lucid dreaming

There's been a lot of talk online about 'lucid dreaming' which means apparently that you find your dreams to be realer than other dreams and you can sorta control your character in the dream. Move around, fight, beat the baddies etcetera. It sounds cool.

What is not so cool was back when -- and still today sometimes -- I have really good dream and I have to use the restroom I try going back to sleep back into the same dream and continue from where we left. Except this time I want a greater control. And it's not so cool because I spend a lot of energy trying to do that, and end up oversleeping. There have been days where I've been late to work because I was too busy taking control of my dreams. So not cool.

There's a trick your brain plays on you when you try going back to your dreams and taking control of them. It starts layering the dreams. You know you're in a dream and have had enough with it, wanna get out so you somehow make yourself wake up. And then something bad happens really really bad, you think owh shit I just got up from a bad dream this is awful coincidence and that's suspicious...And you realize you're in yet another dream. And that too turns out to be a dream. These are the most haunting ones that you tend to really remember because it's almost like your brain is threatening you...explore this path further and imma scar you for your life sunnuvabich!

Haven't been remembering my dreams lately. They say the best way to remember your dreams and taking control of them is to maintain a dream journal. First thing after you wake up,  retrieve everything about the dream and write it down, every day. Soon you'll start remembering to 'memorise' the events in the dreams and your recall improves. I've considered maintaining a dream journal for a few months now, it's not something I want to get into immediately though.

I've been writing this on and off for four hours now, should end this right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.