Firefox android is fucked up now

I use exclusively the Firefox browser on all my devices, mobile or otherwise.

Firefox recently had an update for android that pretty much nukes all the add-ons I had going up, those that included custom adblocking -- or any ad blocking at all --, those that limited my time on certain time-wasting news sites and those that completely blocked by access to many sites particularly those that are orange-colored and have tech news etcetera. Now the whole wild world is open to me and I feel like an individual running around in covid times without a facemask, maintaining less than six feet and breathing right into people's faces. Its wild I'm a little disappointed. I do like the organization that makes the browser a lot, and they promise that the addons will eventually get added to it, but what a hassle it is until then. My protective shell is gone I'm exposed to the elements of the wild, it's just me and my courage and willpower now.

There were hints and clues of course. There was related news on the tech sites for months, I for some reason thought that would never bother me anyway and if it did I'd somehow sneak pass the changes. And then the browser in my old phone suddenly got the new version, I thought it was just the old crappy phone being crappy and nice phones didn't get the weird version.

It's not just the addons...the ability to customize the browser has been limited too it seems...I can't change the homepage anymore configure photo loads and a tonne of minor annoyances. It's not a power user's phone anymore it seems and I'm hella pissed. I would hate to live in a world where no one is in control of their mobile phone browsers. The scary weird world that is completely dominated by ads is getting closer to me. I've avoided it thus far thanks to all the protective tools now I'm afraid of turning into one of those ad zombies myself. ZOMBIES ZZZOOMBIES eeyaahooo eyaaaOoooo. etcetera etcetera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.