It sucks having to cook for one

Talked to PN in DC, it was in these very pages you found out months before the rest of the world did that they were the new owners of a solid new starter house in the suburbs. As is our habit we talked about food and what we were playing with what new items we'd tried etcetera. They have made mapo dofu too many times, to the point they're getting sick of it. We talked about the eggplant stew I made yesterday and how I'm quite skeptical about making anything new or good because I'm stuck with eating it for an entire week, that's how things are. For so many items it's not at all practical to cook for one.

sucks so much.

Take last week for example, my multiple pounds of sour salad lays around, I've been forcing it upon myself every day every meal as much as my palette and stomach will allow me to it'll still be a week before I'm done with it. And the eggplant stew has gone out so quick because the roommates were interested in it, I'll probably still have to make a few more meals out of it. This is not a complain rather I'm glad I don't have to cook for every meal like a hunter-gatherer, it's just that things get tiring after a while and you know if you're making something you'll be eating it for a longlong time so better be careful with what it is.

It's possible I guess to make smol servings to but what's the point there's so much wastage and ifyou're going to go out of your way to make teeny portion sizes, it makes less sense to first spend all that time portioning your veggies and raw materials and again spend a large chunk of time cooking it. If you really enjoy cooking and want to spend several hours in the kitchen in the hottest months of the year it's a great idea. If not, that's not a good solution to the overcooking food problem.

Add to all of this the fact that my appetite is quite small the grapes that I got from Aldi almost three weeks ago are only half eaten despite me forcing it down my throat and making ND and PK eat them whenever I can reasonably without looking like some weirdo who forces people into eating round pieces of sweet sweet fruit. So even things that last will last for a long time and there's not a lot of variety that can be explored.....unless that 'variety' is what I want to go on with for the foreseeable future.

The solution to this is not small packaging and more waste, the planet doesn't need to be destroyed more because of personal annoyances and peculiarities. It's just...find a someone to live and eat with, be they be roommates or partners. Sucks to suck ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.