Fasting for test, blood drawn out, Jimmy Dean's, Target shopping, UW trip, kitchen ready, first cooked meal [Mon 7]

Didn't eat anything until 3 in the afternoon because I had a blood test after work which meant no food to eat.

Mostly meeting at work, they gave me an intern to manage, exciting times.

After work I headed ASAP to the clinic because I didn't want to pass out of hunger. They drew a very large amount of blood -- the test person said she rarely saw tests asking for such large amount of blood to be drawn out which doesn't bode well for me.

After the tests, I went to the local Jimmy Dean's and got the veggie sandwich. My only interaction with Jimmy Dean's had been their frozen breakfast meals before, so I had very low opinion of them. It's unclear if that opinion's changed too much now, but they're better than leftover Subway.

On the way back I went to QFC and bought myself some basic supplies like eggs and oil and dish soap and oats. Peanut butter. Mostly breakfast stuff it turns out in retrospect.

Back home I thought of going to Target to do the remainder of my shopping, but thought better and decided to do it online. Then I realized I'd have to wait for two days to get the deliveries, and it'd be quicker and funner to collect them by myself. So I ordered them, napped for an hour or so, how refreshing by the way, and took the bus to Target in UW. It was a bit more than I was expecting, but I didn't have to walk a lot, so it was totally manageable. Two cute girls in the bus looked like they might have known me, I was very nervous, but then I had to leave for my stop.

Set the kitchen up finally, dishes and foods and everything, and now it's looking alright. 

For the first meal 'ever', I used the extra-large pan I got from target, pan toasted two slices of bread, while making an omlet on the side. It's massive, I love it so much. I was suspicious due to the price point I bought it at, and it's quite likely it won't make it beyond these six months, but we'll be good friends, I can feel it. Solid meal, felt really full.

Wrote a bunch in this blog after who remembers how long, and decided I was going to get back on track, now that my kitchen was setup, work was going alright. Only the bedroom remains to be taken care of and I'm ready to rock and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.