Deception pass journey, disappointing terra de plata, scary rain in rainy city scares us all [Sun 6]

 Got up in the morning, forgot to have breakfast because I got up late, rushed to co-worker GF's hotel. We headed out right away for Deception Pass.

On the way talked to GF and his partner M about local and international politics, infrastructure, housing policy and transportation, lots of fun stuff.

At Deception Pass I bought a muffin for breakfast.

Walked around the beach and the forest for a few hours, as GF's dog A barked at strangers and gave GF a hard workout. M took lots of cool photos. We talked a bunch.

Drove back, couldn't decide where to go. Went into Dough Zone but the waiting time was 1 hour or three people, so we walked around, hoping to find a good place. Found Terra de Plata, and they had an empty table on the roof, exposed to nature, we took them up on the offer.

And then the sky fell down. It rained really really hard for the next two hours, it was quite unbelievable, it's often said that only tourists in Seattle carry umbrella, as it mostly drizzles here. That was not a drizzle. It was a thunderstorm, a deluge. So loud, cold, scary.

The food was ok. I'd have been okay paying half of what we paid. It was expensive and mediocre, I wouldn't go again.

We left after the rains ended, I walked to my apartment, chilled for a bit and talked to people on the phone, and fell asleep hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.