I get the keys, internet device, dinner trouble, the most amazing dinner discovery [Tue 1]

 For breakfast we had the classic roti and eggs.

After work I headed to my new apartment and got the keys. I was finally the leaser of my own apartment in a place where I wanted to be! After six, seven years of wait, hurray!

Chilled in my new place for a bit, planning how to decorate it. Walked over to the nearby xfinity store to get the devices for internet. Went to A's place because I didn't have enough time to set it up, and also since SK was busy in the evening, the plan was to move over completely the next day.

We were just chilling, figuring out what to do for dinner when D, A's friend and a musician showed up. He retrieved his bike from A's place and we decided to get dinner. We spent 20 minutes figuring out a place but everything was closed and we were freaking out. We finally found this Korean place in the North that was open, so we made the 15-minute drive there. Except the host said they were out of rice. In a Korean restaurant. How does that even happen. We gave it a thought, and bailed out of the place while he set out table. No rice, no Nepalis!

We then found a place in UW district, still open for 45 minutes. Unfortunately it was already closed. Then we looked up another place, which was definitely open, the waitress let us in, but the owner didn't want to make food anymore, so that too was out. We were running out of options and getting desperate. So I said lets just go to the next place that's open and looks decent.

That's how we ended up at the Time Bistro near UW.

What an amazing place it was! They had a separate menu for vegan/vegetarian items. Their vegan meat was better, and unidentifiable from their 'real' meat. The waitress was super nice and friendly. Clean toilets. We ate until we could eat no more. The desert was a bit of a disappointment, though the fault is completely mine, shouldn't have ordered that one.

After the sumptuous meal, we drove home, chilled and smoked for a bit as the guys ran around. I was too tired and went to bed, A was so pumped up from all the work, he couldn't go to sleep until much later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.