Russian momos, goodwill trip, at S's place, QFC journey, first shower in new apartment, boys night out but barely, latenight with doggo, super duper latenight eats and calls [Fri 4]

For for the first meal of the new apartment I had Russian momos, they're like peirogies, but more dumpling shaped, and drenched in dill and vinegar, which is not how I have traditionally had peirogy. It was yum but my apartment still smells like dill vinegar three days later.

After work I went to the nearby goodwill to see if there's anything good on for shopping. I'd been looking at the japanese thrift store to do kitchen and decorations, but realized maybe I can do cheaper and more boring shopping elsewhere. The thriftstore is interesting...it's more of an REI look than a thrift store. And it's sparsely populated. Lots of electronics and not much else. Maybe the cool stuff gets out of the door right away, but it seemed like a tad overpriced without too many options. Why would anybody pay 70% of the 'new and polished' costs for a bread pan at a thrift store. I ended up doing that, but what a massive waste it was. Should just have gotten it off Amazon etc.

Walked over to S's place from there, played with the doggo until she was very tired, chilled with the guys and got some gigglies. It's important for the story later because we get sluggish and tired.

Walked over to my neighborhood, went into QFC got a bunch of shower supplies, took the guys to see my apartment. They chilled about while I showered, my first in the apartment. I changed and shaved and we went to our regular haunting place.

We spent an hour in the line. It was a terrible idea, but we really thought the line would move faster. And that too because the people ahead of us quit right as it was about to be their turn to go in. Stayed on the top floor for a bit and finally got to go downstairs.

And then it was closing time. People barely drank anything alcoholic. We went outside to chill and some people were mean to one of the group members which bummed people out.

A went back to his place, S and I hung out for a a bit more, just talking and giggling. I left at 1.30, and got lost on my way back cos' I was trippin'. Discovered a latenight food cart run by a really sweet and beloved lady who sold fried burritos. Got some for myself. I was eating at 2.30 in the morning, according to my records.

Because for some reason it wasn't a long enough day, called an international friend of mine and talked for yet another hour or so, to catch up. Slept really, really late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.