Re: Review: Barboza has stinker sometimes

 Sb and I wanted to dance to basic white girl pop music and went to Barboza over the weekend and that was the worst night ever to go there for that sort of music it turns out. It was reggae and jazz and rap from the nineties, slow and really difficult to dance to, and the DJ was a woman who I think maybe didn't want to 'sell out' so she was refusing to play anything the people had heard before so one couldn't properly dance, and it was rough and the crowd was just chillin' folding their hands right on the dance floor looking at their phones, trying real hard to get a groove goin' but failin' because none of it was working. I felt bad, I felt cheated out of those ten goddamn us dollars.

So I put in my review of the place couple of weeks ago that it was a great place, one would always have a good time, now it turns out that was too extreme of a judgment. Let me re-iterate and say, barboza is a great music venue when there's great performers playing the sort of music you're interested in, to dance etcetera. But that doesn't always happen and you should get ready to be disappointed if you go there on non super-popular nights (aka fri and sat after 10.30) without knowing what bands are playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.