Should I go out to open mic nights and practice comedy? YOU decide!

 Our standup comedy teacher told us to take comedy seriously, at least for the next three weeks if nothing else. I think that's a good advice. I don't have much else happening in my life right now, besides the uhhh walking, the workouts and the writing. Funny how all of them start with W huh? I'm thinking, what if I put in a significant amount of time and energy into attending open mic comedy nights and improved my comedy chops?

Like, I know I'm not the funniest guy around, not even within my own friend group. I'm not naturally funny, and I don't have the intelligence and hard work ethic to be successful, or get to great heights, I know that, alright. Nor do I have a good artistic sense, or a good sense of timing. None of the skills that are possessed by the great comedians, or even the mediocre ones, I possess. If comedy were a currency, I'd be a hobo.

But I have grit and perseverance. What if I went to two open mic nights every week from now until I left Seattle in three weeks? It'd be like eight comedy nights I'd have attended! And if I do a few more here and there, I can do 10 or even twelve, that's a whole lotta sets I could be improving and honing on?! Would it be worth it? Is it one of my kookie ideas I never practice and I should get a life, or is this an exciting lifechanging concept that I should obviously look into?

You tell me! Yes YOU the readership of this blog, write down in this blog post's comment box what I should do, and your wish shall be my command! Let's gooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.