Book review of What Einstein Told His Cook by Robert L. Wolke, Marlene Parrish

I read (listened to the audiobook of) this book over the course of several days. A quick review follows.

I don't know what I was expecting from this book going in, but whatever it may have been, it overwhelmingly outdid those. It's an insightful, curious book on the chemistry and physics of cooking, kitchen utensils, and a compendium of questions and answers on all issues culinary. It is a highbrow look into common ingredients, techniques, and equipment. Something I didn't particularly like was that this book is quite old (written and published in ~2005), so its opinion on msg is extremely dated and curiously unscientific. Despite that, I highly recommend this book to anybody who might have even a passing interest in reading more on 'interesting and advanced topics in cookery'. The fact that it was written by a former chemist and professor makes it all the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.