Dinner party for seven with much cooking, thenthuk and multi-grain rice [Sat 6]

 fruits and oats for breakfast, morning write, walk to volunteer park, trader joe's trip, cleaning the house and getting ready for dinner, hosting seven people, making seven dishes, evening rush, funtimes with so many friends, flying high for a bit, happy eaters, excellent execution

Writing this on Tuesday, because Monday I got too tired and lazy, and perhaps I'm thinking I might be burnt out because there's no joy or motivation to work or do exciting things, specially not towards food. Might take tomorrow and the rest of the week off too, depending on how it goes. We shall see.

Had fruits and oats for breakfast, so much apple and banana! Wrote a bunch in the morning, then walked to Volunteer park, fun slow chillaxing walk that I didn't listen to audiobooks during because I just wanted to unwind. On the way back went to TJ's and got a couple of supplies needed for the dinner party. Cleaned the house, and wrote on this blog for a couple of hours before the guests arrived.

B and his wife arrived 30 minutes before their ETA, which was already at 5.30, so there was a bit of a rush, had to keep them waiting and throw the trash out from the other door. In the end, talked to them a bunch, when everybody else came in I was able to peel myself away from the group and make all those dishes, seven in total. It was rice-quinoa-buckwheat rice with shin ramyun spice, and mushroom hydrated water, thenthuk, mapo tofu, eggplants, tama bodi alu, and titey karelaa. There was severe rush in the end to serve people because I was doing dishes, so I served the thenthuk before the other items, and that held the hungry masses off the bay for a while.

The guests were B and his wife, SA and N, AR(e) and AR(y). In the end we smoked up a little bit, ate a couple of cookies, got a bit high, and everyone had a good time. People were over until midnight or so, and I just went to bed because I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.