Experiments with cooking for many, opportunities for optimization

I've written a couple of preceding posts about the dinner I hosted during the weekend, and how I can make my experience better, and why I like to make many dishes. In this piece I'll talk about what the opportunities are exactly, and how I could execute them.

The experiments: I've been running multiple parallel 'experiments' in my cooking, changing one variable here or there and seeing how people react to it. For example yesterday I mixed three different types of grains and added dried mushrooms to the rice to cook it and make it yummy. The resulting pieces of mushroom whose jouice the rice cooks in can be discarded or left with the rice. Then there was the question of cooking tama for the first time ever. Then I added crumbled tofu to replace ground pork, which worked exceedingly well. And so on and so forth. Such tiny and mostly unrisky experiments are interesting and encouraging when liked.

the opportunities for optimization are many. I need to start using disposable paper plates and cups to host people, because otherwise the following day is spent cleaning up the entire place. Second, multiple rounds served will give me space to keep cooking as well as giving me time to spend with the guests in between. That will also allow me to serve a larger group of people as my rice-cooker can cook rice for only so many people. Third, having more people over will allow me to be left with fewer leftovers, and optimize for productivity. Fourth, and this is important, I need to be planning ahead and writing down on how gas stove hobs, air fryer, and rice cooker will be used, and transfer the dishes to a new pot once that's cooked. That'll allow me to cook more efficiently and faster. Fifth, chopping up all the veggies early on and using them as I go on will save so much time and effort. Sixth, cleaning up the previous trash bag before hand, so I have an emptry trash can to throw the trash out will be powerful in trash disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.