Burnout

I took a half day off at work, because I felt so very tired and burnt out, and didn't feel like working at all. It was pretty surely something to do with my loss of energy and motivation to cook, and find joy in work in recent times. So I thought until like literally just now. Truth be told, it could have a good amount to do with the chhyang-drinking I did last evening, a small cup of it because I had to clean out the bottles. You know what that could actually explain a lot, in terms of why I was so high energy in the start of my walk, so eager to talk on the phone with family for so long, so excited about food and what was going on the tv, and all of a sudden why I collapsed on energy and fell asleep like I never have. And at the time I blamed it on the cookies, of course they must be to blame for some part, but that can't be the whole story, it seems to me? It might be getting clearer, of what happened last night and why the burnout took place, for my body isn't ready to digest booze, not even by a cupful. Perhaps the I'm not really burnt out, but it was a minor mental hangover, that I shall be done with, later in this evening, ready and full of vigor, for my meetings the next morning?

I need to prepare, I need to freshen up, I need to tell myself, things will be alright. Such a silly thing too, and so what I'm burnt out, I shall take off a day or two, and sort it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.