Final sessions with the therapist

My current therapist is changing practice away from independent practice, which means our session earlier today was second-to-last one. One  more session and I'll have to find somebody else to moan to.

I've proposed the last session to be a debrief session, getting ideas from them on what issues I might want to focus on, and what to look for to find a new therapist. By the way, I will be in no rush to do that, probably a couple of months will have gone by in the least before I find somebody else to talk  to because I find myself in a pretty reasonable place. Besides the minor ups and downs, there's not much I have to moan about in recent happenings. Today was a high-level summary on all the topics that are bothering me or things I'll need to work on.

How am I feeling...They were a pretty great listener, and I've never had my shit together -- at least in organizing our sessions -- as with this person. I made it a point to set deadlines and goals to co-incide with our sessions so I had something to talk about. In that way they were great. And they were a great sounding board for me to talk my ideas out aloud, consider the ridiculousness of at least some of my concerns. Because yeah writing here is one thing, or even talking to yourself, but when you tell something to somebody else, you hear your own voice and realize, oh dear this ain't making sense any more. In that way they've been a pretty good resource for me. Can one really ask much more from a service provider?

Hope the next person is just as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.