Considerations in off-loading cooking and meals to outside parties

Oh so this is something I've been thinking over and over again, writing here, talking to people and evaluating if it might be worth doing. The idea is: I want to focus more on the vision and goal work career wise, and spend a couple of hours on growth and development. However, the biggest hindrance to succeeding there is the need to think about food and cook and eat constantly, and that's taking a large headspace. What if I could clear up some mental energy by offloading it to outside parties, whether by bringing in takeout food on the regular, or frozen foods, or even doing mealkits. That way I won't have to think constantly, but also won't have to eat the same thing over and over again. Could bring joy to eating more, diversely. And save time on cooking. And make me not worry about what to eat, and nutrition and food in general. Because I can't focus a couple of hours everyday on the important professional growth, where I'm basically writing the equivalent of a novel, if I am being pulled apart by seven things all just as important.

The downside of doing that is it's going to be expensive. And it'll set a bad habit, and laziness that I don't want to keep onwards. Plus, what if it doesn't work out and I end up just eating out and taking energies on unnecessary tasks? It needs a clear cost and benefit analysis, and I'm not sure what the benefits are clearly, while the costs are stark. If I could exactly identify how I would gain for this, in clear and obvious terms, in terms of time saved, money gained, and so forth, I'd probably be a lot more motivated...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.