D lab book series vacillate between inspirational and instructional

I've read a few D-Lab books by Stanford authors at this point. The goal was to read and internalize the message of all of them. And hmm let me put it this way: there's a pretty decent sized variation in their qualities, and I will most definitely not commit to implementing even the majority of them since...they're not up to the par. Some of them provide actionable and instructional steps in addition to be inspirational, which is what I'm looking for. Because if I'm looking for inspiration, I'm not going to find this series and read it, I'll do something more basic. But among the dozen-or-so books, a few are more aspirational, and inspirational, and they don't really do it for me, you know? I need steps, I need guide, I need a guru to tell me where I might fall and falter, where I might go down, and how I might be able to pick myself up and keep running. Some books provide guidance on that, and others just tell you that you can do it, all you need is confidence and trust and courage and motivation. As if they're new concepts to me. What one needs is strict, specific, actionable steps to be able to internalize all those generalities.

Yeah, so the standaford design series are wildly divergent in their approach, and I'm learning it the slow and hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.