Limiting the scope for v1 of the website

It's been so long since I last did anything productive with the website, specially writing, that I've almost forgotten about it. For the last week or so, I've been making small design changes here and there, adding illustrations to all the pieces, and improving the look of everything. Originally the goal was to get my fermentation blog out in addition to the other pieces, but then I hit upon a realization. The 'hobby blog' is optional and doesn't really directly deal with what my goal is you know. Which is to get this specific job at this specific company for a specific product. And it's not beyond the realm of possibility that somebody might trust me to give it to me. But to get there I need to be producing that will be more in alignment with the website and the product, write out in public what my failures and beliefs are and how I plan to make that product a better one. And keep hammering on my skills and core interests. While yes hobbies are important and they might make me look like an interesting smart person, they're not really core to my image, the image I wish to portray is that of one with rich experience and competent in an internal org where I will have by people feel empowered to make major decisions. Writing nonstop about kimchi kombucha or what have you, while fun, won't get me there.

So first plan: get all the basics out, call it v1. Then do the edits, call it v1.3, and then finally post pieces on fermentation and most other hobbies. That is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.