Got a tonne of new East Asian groceries and desserts to try out

Went to Hau Hau market after oh dear god I don't want to think how long, and bought from the frozen section for the first time ever. I'd always been intimidated with their frozen section for it was mostly seafood, and then the non-meat items seemed on the pricier side, and then their veggie frozen section was never too large to begin with. But today was the day. I picked up a couple of different flavors of tofu pudding, a couple of frozen baos and other desserts, and an Indian paratha. I'm thinking a paratha and an egg, or some tarkari would make for the most amazing breakfast that I wouldn't be bored with for the rest of my life, no exaggeration. I would happily eat an egg and an parotha for ever, specially with some sauce inside and green onions maybe. Yum. I'm getting carried away, but the point is, this was a new attempt, and it's working out already. There's still parts of the frozen section I haven't explored, greens I've never considered -- how does one even cook easy veggie dishes with lemongrass? -- and veggies I'm yet to try, but if it works out, the future is bright, mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.