Tea and grains in order, kitchen has reached its final form for foreseable future

Quick updates on how my kitchen is right now, and how I feel about it, because big changes have happened, and I'm excited to share the updates so this is where I'll go to remember when my life changed. Hah!

First, I have a set of two really nice stainless steel pans thanks to PN, so I can cook to my heart's desire. Threw out the crappy old pan. That should improve my cooking.

Second, I bought a 180-megapack of 6 flavors of stash teas from Costco, which means I should be pretty set tea-wise for the next year. It's going to be summer, so unfortunate timing, but hey, some tea is always good, and the plan (if you refer back tot he earlier post) is to be drinking two cups a day at least anyway, one in the morning and one in the evening, so maybe I'll be done in three to six months? The hope is to have to buy again, because I want to get into the tea culture, which I honestly don't get!

Third, oh the grains. I finally unpacked the millet, sorgum and rye into nice jars and put them on the counter, along with the existing quinoa and buckwheat ones. It looks nice, I'll be reminded to cook them in the right time, and you know it'll force me to reconsider my eating choices every time I go to the kitchen. I won't have to worry about my diet grains-wise, or carbs-wise, that is for sure. Yeah there will have to be considerations for other parts of the complete diet, specially protein and minerals etcetera, but the grains are done.

And with it, that's all the changes I think I need in the kitchen? A few kitchen magnets would be great to remind me of chores and items etcetera, but that's just something I thought of today. The cutting board is decent, the knife is fine for what it is, and everything is great. In other words, there are few reasons to make excuse to not cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.