Hiking trip with VS, swimming trip with PK [Sat 8]

Got up reasonably early because went to bed at 10pm the night before. Wasted my time on the internet in the stupid websites was about to start writing when VS called and said he was coming in an hour. This was at 8am, I thought our plan was for later, whatever. He was late by a half-hour. We thought about going to the Fells, but decided to go to the Blue Hills skyline trail because that was something we'd never done.

We drove there, talking about our various trips and plans and spirituality paul stamets you get the idea. We parked at a place and walked around for like twenty minutes before we realized we parked at a picnic spot for the reservation. Drove to a different place and walked around. Walked for three hours, the hike at Blue Hills, the skyline one is fun challenging a little bit definitely takes thinking and the scenery is mostly worth it. It's a little tedious at times, but it's one of the better trails around Boston, less than thirty minute drive away from the city center anyway. VS was more thirsty than I was, it was a good idea to have taken a bottle of water and several bars of chocolate.

VS makes friends easily. He made friends with an older schoolteacher from Boston who has apparently been to 43 country. He just asked for the guy's email address and told him he'd email him sometime for his stories and guidance for future plans. The guy may or may not reply but what a baller move!

After the hike, we went to a burger place in Quincy center for lunch. I bought us nachos and sandwiches, we sat indoors. It felt great to be sitting indoors, I'm not going to be doing that again. The nachos were alright, their 'cheesy fries' were undersalted and pretty disappointing all things considered.

I considered going to Brookline from there, where our contingent had set camp at a park to have have fun, but the trip to Brookline and home was just as long so he dropped me home instead.

Back home I caught up with ND and PK, roommate BB has gone to Maine again, and took a nap. At 2.5 hours almost three it was refreshing and I was full of energy again. After spending sometime convincing Pk and or ND, successfully made PK come with me to the swimming location. We biked there, and swam for a solid two hours. He had a lot of fun, probably a lot more fun than he thought he would. I didn't learn anything new but I"m perfecting my existing techniques. Or so I would like to think.

Back home, we talked a bunch, took showers, had dinner which was brown rice and mushrooms that ND had cooked up, the rice in the pressure cooker. Watched Shark tank season 1 for a bit, talked to family, cleaned up, and here I am ready to sleep but writing because I don't want to be many days behind the posts. It's 11.45 and I might spend another hour writing before going to bed. Hopefully covered for today and some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.