Ten legitimate plans I have for fall if I'm staying in my current apartment

  1. Mushroom-growing, I've done it in the past it's rewarding in multiple ways, and you can eat the output! It really teaches you a lot about the world around us.

  2. Tomato growing, we'll have supplies for growing plants, tomatoes are quite easy to grow generally, so I might as well put this into the list.

  3. Kombucha-making, done this in the past but not in the last eight months due to various reasons lets pretend its mostly the corona but it's other reasons too but now that I have time energy and space gonna get back to this again.

  4. Kimchi making, I'm out of kimchi I made last year, need to make me a new batch that I can eat with anything for the upcoming winter and beyond. It's not about the price, it's about the fun and the control you get in deciding the flavor of it, I'm excited.

  5. Sauerkraut-making, I have a large packet of 'kraut that I bought from Wegamans which I need to finish, after which I will get on a serious project to make krauts again. Haven't intentionally made kraut yet, should be interesting.

  6. Dehydrating fruits and veggies, I did this a lot before corona and leaving for Nepal, basically last year around this time and beyond, haven't had the time and energy for dedicating time to this, but haymarket is open again so I see no reason to not do it.

  7. Completing my agriculture website, the agriculture website I started working earlier this summer has been on the backburner as of late, I should get back to that and finish the work I started so I have a better idea of front-end development.

  8. Making rice wine, I've been trying to do this for two years now and always it's something or other that pops up to distract me from this, now it's so much free time and few friends to hang out with so it should be a perfect opportunity to start on this finally.

  9. Brewing beer, this hasn't been a part of my plans, but my roommates want to do it so why not I should start at it again.

  10. Making fermented hot chilli sauce. I made some last year it was all way wayyy too spicy to be edible, this seems like a good time as any to get back into it and start making some of those tasty nomnomnoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.