Uncertain plans, uncertain futures

The world has frozen due to the uhh current situation. People's plans have been postponed by a year, governments are pretending this year basically didn't exist, rent interest payments have been given great many benefits to overcome the effects of the crisis. Graduating students are basically waiting for it to be next year so they may search for job opportunities again. Nothing new is getting done this year. The future is very uncertain, though we -- and the American stock market -- may like to pretend this is allll going to be fine and back to where we were and even better, that's a guarantee that's actually not even likely considering how things are going. The future looks uncertain, people's plans have been put on hold and the plans that do remain are uncertain.

Same with my life here.

I had moving plans, big big moving plans. The original idea was to go to Seattle first, somehow inch my way to Singapore to eventually end up in New Zealand in a couple of years. There was even an amazing person that I could hang out and chill and talk to and be guided around while I was in Singapore. That didn't work out, none of it. There was an opportunity to go to Seattle but in the end that did pan out as I had hoped either.

Then there were the NZ plans that got more solid as the situation in the US worsened, public-health numbers-wise and politics-wise. So I had a pretty good idea about what I was going to do and how it would be done about. And then more stuff happened and Americans being who they are the crisis I thought was in no way going to last for longer than six or eight months is easily going to extend towards a year and a half maybe even more. And that's after the vaccine is in the game, mind. It's not clear no matter who says what that the vaccine is going to be effective or it's going to solve the uhh current issue. No sirree, that's not something we should put all our eggs. So NZ stopped taking people from anywhere else particularly the literal hotbed of this awful situation, and even a status of a student would be of no help. And that's how my other big plan went down the drain. It's still on for the long-ish term, but that's uhh couple of years from now.

So finally the plan was...to stay where I was and let things as they be. And that's in cards, a matter of days and hours and that could be the way things go for the next year. Or or or I made a couple of plans to move out into different cities places that I've talked about in detail here before, and one of those options is still in play. Five days until I've promised to sign the lease and forward it, and it's still in the cards. I don't know what I'll be doing in a week, and how my plans will be looking in two weeks. Things will definitely be more solid a slightly more certain then, but for right now everything is up in the air. This is how things be. It sucks but heyy it's so much more worse for everyone else and I can definitely handle a little bit of teensy weensy uncertain future yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.