One hella busy grumpy day, gc docs completed, latenight meetings, call with folks, the grumps the grumps, recovery [Tue 2]

SO I write this two days after, at 6.30 of the Thursday. I completed the daily routine for this day with four posts and everything, didn't feel like recounting the crappy day I had, instead of that I just barfed everything happening inside me out. What a time, what a time.

Back to work now.

I've been getting up quite on time, 7-7.30, ish, latest at 7.30 when I abandon the alarm snoozes and get out of the bed, do things. The problem is, has always been, that around that time is when the house restroom usage is at its highest level, and it can take upto thirty minutes, sometimes even an hour for the loo to be available. I've discussed ameliorative strategies in the past, I could go to wegman's, or wake up earlier, or perhaps later. The 'wake up earlier' strategy may have led to sleep issues, though apparently inexperienced people going 'all-in' on meditation can bring weird results as well. Don't think that was true for me, but I gotta remember to keep my sessions to less than 30-40 minutes daily. Also, I haven't been meditating as of late, and very soon it's going to have been longer since I last meditated than I ever did meditate. My sleep has definitely improved though. Still need to get back to doing it.

In either case, I got up early in the morning, chilled in my bed, read a bunch of things, possibly listened to a nice ole' podcast. Work was...same old. Probably busy, as it's been lately. Don't remember. Had a meeting in the evening, 8-10, with the great helpful coworker in Singapore, that was great, awesome, incredible.

EAP session was quite intense, got me worried, annoyed stressed out, and some raw wounds were exposed. In addition, got the query from the lawyers asking where all the docs were, why I hadn't responded to their gc requests. Spent an hour and a half after work collecting all the documents I've ever had, and sending them to the lawyers. Now I can finally say that I have a complete collection of all the immigration documents on my lawyers' website, including 3 passports, 3 visas, 4 ead's, 10+ i20's, my degrees etcetera, all in one unified location. Hopefully safe. So I'm like a camel portability wise. Need to collect my tax information for the last several years as well, and the entire set is going to be complete. Excited about that.

The meeting with the coworker was rewarding, we talked about our personal lives, as well as figured work stuff. Great thing.

For dinner I had hummus I'd made earlier, with yogurt, and rice, and tonns of other fixins, I was lazy and hungry, I couldn't think of anything better. And ohhh maan, it felt so good. I've been eating a lot of what amounts to rice and beans lately, what a bummer, but also surprising for somebody like me, I don't like rice that much. and yet i've had it for like three meals last week. What's upp with that huuuh.

In the evening, before the meeting, talked to PN, about their house eating, traveling, hobbies, and the travels I'll be making soon enough. Good times.

Later in the evening I got a sudden annoyed bounce of grumps that lasted or like 45 minutes, then I talked myself down by asking 'why', and 'what' am I doing, and things cooled down a lot, the world was bright again. Slept quite soundly, all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.