Burn, sun burn

Surely in my two-and-half decades I've been sunburned before. There are no distinct memories, only vague recollections of what could be dreams or imagination, but at some point in the past there's some vague recollection of being sunburned. The hurting skin, the peeling and blackening of dead skin follicles, it's deep in my mind. It must have happened. It's absurd to claim otherwise.

In any case, I have been burned. Sun burned. Spent yesterday outside in the sun for way way longer I should have, right on the water. water reflects UV so you're getting double dose of the burnrays that'll redden your skin and make it itch hurt flake later. My friends from college, who I was there with, spent a reasonable two hours there. I went in for two extra hours because I'm a madman really there's no reason for anyone to soak themselves in the water for so long unless one is rice-cooker owned by a lazy person who doesn't want to do dishes and will pretend to be 'soaking' the pot in the sink while in reality they're just avoiding washing it until someone else does it or the problem disappears automatically. Somehow.

So anyway, I didn't wear t-shirts for the entire day yesterday and avoided anything that touched the front of my body. And pointed my room fan straight at my body which I don't usually do because it's too cold but that's what it came down to, the heat the burn needs to be controlled.

The pain has gone down a little, my face is a little ticklish and it burns a little around my nose. Things are not a-ok yet but that's the price you pay for being all out there without concern for the good ole' sun and being too good for the sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.