Apartment cleanup, fried-rice and curry, disappointing public transport, daylong birthday party, oldtimers, unexpected good times [Sat 17]

 Got up at a decent time, which was bad because I slept really really late. Wanted to sleep more but couldn't make myself. Cleaned up the house from last night's mess, drops of curry everywhere, table had deep oil marks, I need to learn to clean coffee table of stains, gotta boy wood polish whatever, that can apparently change color. Also, apparently toothpaste and salt works great to clean wood, who knew.

For lunch I dumped three spoonfulls of cumin seeds on the pan with oil, let them burn, and fried some rice. The ratio of rice to cumin seeds was 4:1, which means that was a ridiculous amount of cumin compared to rice, but it was good, no complaints here. Heated up the Japanese curry I'd gotten from Uwajimaya -- it was my understanding I'd gotten the boullion cubes but it was premade curry -- and had the curry with rice.

AK kept inviting S and I to a party in the Uni district, we kept delaying. Finally at 6.30 I got my butt out of the house after shower and stuff, and went to get the bus. Waited 40 minutes for the bus, a wait that should have been like 10 minutes long. The buses in Seattle aren't as reliable as I hoped they'd be it seems. The sad part is that they're nowhere as well-tracked as Boston either, so it's the worst of all the worlds.

Eventually I made it to the party house, A opened the door for me. Discovered it was hosted by AN -- who's the brother of somebody I went to school with, and also went to college with my friends back in Boston, and we had a tonne of mutual friends -- and his partner AS, who I'd hung out with for a long weekend exactly ten years ago.

We played cards, codenames, talked about songs, lives, plans, jobs, funny things, through the day, and well into the night. Even though the couple apparently slept early, didn't feel like we bothered them too much as they were enjoying our company. This was after SK and our regular gang of goodtimers showed up at 9.30, for an invitation that was originally for 4.30. They'd been drinking and making momos since 11.30 in the afternoon, apparently. Long day for them alas. Great veggie momos, since the couple was vegetarian.

We headed out at 2 in the morning, our plans to go clubbing/bar-hopping dashed after the fun long night. There were plans to go swimming on the lake after, but most people bailed out beside P&S and G. They apparently jumped into the lake at 3 in the morning.

TD dropped me home, and I went to sleep right away, slept so soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.