Quick Seattle things: is it a place to stay around for long

With Boston people go to college, work there, stay around, move to the 'burbs nearby (or faraway) and just chill. They stay around for almost a decade.

I don't know if it's true for Seattle. It's like people come here for job, stay for a few years as long as the jobs are squeezed out for their worth, and bail out to some other place. Obviously the generalization is for folks like us, and people I know generally. Even PK who's bought a house here -- a sign one might imagine would be a signal of one's desire to settle down on a location -- is bailing out after renting his place. It is unclear if it's a place to be around longer-term. 

I need to learn to root down better, after the hangouts that are so much fun end, and I wake up the next morning, I realize I can't just show up at somebody's place (except I guess few friends and family), as much as I could to in Boston. To be fair, this is a new place and I haven't put in as much effort as I could into friendmaking and for some strange reason people seem to connect here using facebook and insta mostly which is a big hindrance for my style, but still. I'd like to be more rooted. More chill and hang, and also out and about. But chill and hang in a more connected way, not in a rushed funtimes manner. Dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.