Q, the club, A review

 On weekends, Q the nightclub in the Capitol Hill district of Seattle is one of 'those' clubs. Drunk fools get smooshed up and show to gyrate and jump, sweaty and tired, desperate for human contact, attention, fun, anything for some fun. Why won't the fun come to me, they tell themselves, jumping higher, trying to drown their terrible thoughts out with overpriced booze and severely loud music. Nobody's there to listen to the music, like I said, because lovers of music would avoid it like the 'rona. No good.

I went there on a Friday evening, didn't enjoy the vibe at all, despite going with a large group of friends. Not my style. It felt a little disjointed, a little desperate, not too much fun, nobody seemed to be enjoying the music.

I'm told that's because Q is in the middle of everything, that the weird vibe happens. Go there on Wednesdays or Thursday evenings, I'm told, that's when the normies, the drunks and the tourists aren't there, that's when the vibe is really interesting. I dunno, seems too tiring. Somebody else explained it to me this way: the most interesting thing to do with Q on weekend nights is to hang out outside after the bars have closed and people-watch because there's always some shit or other brewing. Interesting times.

And that's all I gotta say about the place. Nah, not for me. I'd rather just chill outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.