Yeahhh, I gotta take it easy with Mt. Rainier

Even though friend SK has been in this town for almost a year, and drives plus has a car, he's never been to Mt. Rainier. I don't own a car, and don't drive, and I've been here on a permanent basis for less than two months (yiiikes though it's getting uncomfortably close to the two months, I should be getting my shit together at this point), I've gone to to the Visitor Center (and just the visitor center, mind) of the great mountain twice already, averaging a trip a month.

It wouldn't be so bad if I was actually going there for hiking or camping or other cool interesting physically demanding tasks but no, we just drive, chill, take a lot of photos, like everybody else, and return. It's great, I love the revered mountain, the looming presence in the Emerald City, but it's starting to feel like I'm overdoing it without purpose.

Sure, a lot of this involves hosting people/being shown round, but there's cooler more interesting place too, other mountains I haven't been to. St. Helens, the one that recently erupted less than 30 years ago is one, and Mt. Hood, the Rainier of Portland is other. Great places worth exploring. The great city of Portland is another great location I've not yet explored, because I've gone to Rainier so often.

Gotta take it easy with Rainier, and look into exploring other natural wonders of the Pacific North West, that's going to be my goal for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.