Potential horizontal move ahead, no cause for concern

Minor update, related to something I wrote earlier today, wanted to put this down as a reminder that this is something I was considering, or started thinking of, in the future when I question when I made a certain decision.

I'm considering a minor but meaningful horizontal move career-wise, to a different position with mostly the same expectations as what I do, but in a different subfield. The advantage of this move could be that I won't have to break my head doing bs algorithms and tricky leetcode questions, and I can make-do by just my work experience and knowledge gathered from books and guides. The downside might me that they'll still look for bs algorithm questions that I won't be able to figure out, and be back to square one. It's also possible I'll miss my existing situation and want to move back, which won't be too big of a jump because my current credentials already cover a pretty wide area and both position would work, but something work considering. And the openings for this new situation -- if I ever want to move jobs -- are severely more constrained and may not last forever. On the other hand, it's possible I might be able to leverage this horizontal jump into better benefits and returns etc. Either way, something to keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.