Tj's dal-roti lunch, pizza dinner, I mess up a meeting bigtime [Thu 8]

 Was this the day I mostly slept through the day because hadn't been able to catchup with sleep? Quite possibly, but can't be sure, since I don't write these posts on the day of anymore. I should at least do the morning-after, really. It's possible I also started with a new round of checklists on this day, but again, not sure.

For breakfast I had TJ's rotis, with their pouch dal. It was yum, as always. And lots of kefir and yogurt during the day.

After work, I chilled, cleaned the house, did a bunch of chores, and wrote, getting closer to writing posts more regularly, that's exciting. Writing four a day is not a chore, writing 12 every day, and then forgetting for three days is. I need to get back on a decent timetable.

After work I took two buses to Fremont to attend a political event, very small, that I has signed up for. Showed up in the first bar, they send an email saying the bar had been full, and the meeting moved to a second location. Went to a second location, found a couple of dudes being super uncomfortable and just chillin', figured that was my peeps, and just went ahead. Asked them if they were there for the 'meetup' everybody nodded, and that was it. We ended up going to a third location because this one too was filled. I tried to bring up a conversation related to the political cause, but nobody seemed interested.

In the new location, I got a drink, and made a few friends. Three hours into the meeting, I asked somebody what the meetup was for, and it turns out, I was with the wrong group. Apparently in the second location, there had been two groups hanging about, and I went with the wrong group. Ah well.

Ordered two slices of pizza. Without realizing the place's pizza slices were GIANT: a slice could easily be two meals for a person with small appetite. Finished the first, and only half of the second. Gave away the rest to a new friend, a grad student from around here, who was kinda cute.

A random person started talking to us. Was cool and everything, until she told us she was a dominatrix, showed us -- a group of two men and a women -- her 'modelling' pics, aka nude images of her, and just talked about the 'business'. I asked hard, cutting questions, etcetera, but didn't learn anything new about the industry. Didn't realize the meeting had been infiltrated by her looking for clients, ugh.

Took the bus back home at night, and went to sleep, confused a little, and disappointed I missed the political meet. Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.